- GMB introduced DOORSTEP CHALLENGE to ensure our members were not put at risk!
- GMB wrote to numerous governing bodies as well as Boris Johnson, Matt Hancock and National IPC Leads to identify the extremely poor quality of the PPE supplied to us to keep us “protected” at work, PHE guidance was altered following this.
- GMB is committed to ensuring the Health and Safety of members and identified to the Trust the inadequacy of the aprons in the prehospital setting. The Trust listened and gowns were introduced.
- GMB led the conversation with the Trust for a joint agreement to ensure that you are protected at work.
- GMB were the only union who worked in partnership with the Trust to recognise the PHE guidance did not go far enough in order to protect you. We asked the Trust to adhere to the RCUK guidance and we are the only Trust who have amended our guidance to reflect this.
GMB LAS is continuing to ensure our members Health and Safety is at the forefront of any changes and keeping out Protectors Protected.
Posted: 6th May 2020